Using estrogen-alone may increase your chance of getting cancer of the uterus (womb). Report any unusual vaginal bleeding right away while you are using PREMARIN. Vaginal bleeding after menopause may be a warning sign of cancer of the uterus (womb). Your healthcare provider should check any unusual vaginal bleeding to find out the cause.
Do not use estrogens with or without progestins to prevent heart disease, heart attacks, strokes or dementia (decline in brain function).
Using estrogen-alone may increase your chances of getting strokes or blood clots. Using estrogens with progestins may increase your chances of getting heart attacks, strokes, breast cancer, or blood clots.
Using estrogens, with or without progestins, may increase your chance of getting dementia, based on a study of women 65 years of age or older.
Estrogens should be used at the lowest dose possible, only for as long as needed. You and your healthcare provider should talk regularly about whether you still need treatment.
PREMARIN should not be used if you have unusual vaginal bleeding, have or had cancer, had a stroke or heart attack, have or had blood clots or liver problems, have a bleeding disorder, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or think you may be pregnant. In general, the addition of a progestin is recommended for women with a uterus to reduce the chance of getting cancer of the uterus.
Estrogens increase the risk of gallbladder disease. Discontinue estrogen if loss of vision, pancreatitis, or liver problems occur. If you take thyroid medication, consult your healthcare provider, as use of estrogens may change the amount needed.
The most common (≥5%) side effects are abdominal pain, asthenia, pain, back pain, headache, flatulence, nausea, depression, insomnia, breast pain, endometrial hyperplasia, leucorrhea, vaginal hemorrhage, and vaginitis.
PREMARIN is used after menopause to reduce moderate to severe hot flashes.
Please see Full Prescribing Information, including BOXED WARNING and Patient Information.
Patients should always ask their doctors for medical advice about adverse events.
You may report an adverse event related to Pfizer products by calling 1-800-438-1985 (U.S. only). If you prefer, you may contact the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) directly. The FDA has established a reporting service known as MedWatch where healthcare professionals and consumers can report serious problems they suspect may be associated with the drugs and medical devices they prescribe, dispense, or use. Visit MedWatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
*Terms and Conditions
By participating in the PREMARIN® (conjugated estrogens tablets, USP) Pay As Little As $15 Co-pay Card program, you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge that you currently meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the Terms and Conditions described below:
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare, or other federal or state healthcare programs including any state prescription drug assistance programs and the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico (formerly known as “La Reforma de Salud”).
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs, which reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs.
- Insureds must be 18 or older.
- You must deduct the savings received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to your insurance plan, either directly by you or on your behalf.
- Eligible patients will pay a minimum of $15 with a savings of up to $55 per prescription fill. Limit 12 offers per calendar year.
- If your out-of-pocket cost is $70 or less, you will pay $15 and save up to $55.
- If your out-of-pocket cost is more than $70, you will save $55 with this coupon and you must cover the remaining expenses.
- Maximum savings of $660 per calendar year. After you have reached the limit of $660, you will pay monthly out-of-pocket costs.
- The Card cannot be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription.
- The Card will be accepted only at participating pharmacies.
- The Card is not health insurance.
- No membership fees.
- This offer is good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- The Card is limited to one per person during this offering period and is not transferable.
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any time.
- The Card and Program expire on 6/30/2018.
For reimbursement when using a nonparticipating pharmacy/mail order: Pay for PREMARIN prescription and mail copy of original pharmacy receipt (cash register receipt NOT valid) with product name, date, and amount circled to: PREMARIN $15 Co-pay Card, 2250 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 300, Morrisville, NC 27560. Be sure to include a copy of the front of your $15 Co-pay Card, your name, and mailing address.
For help with the PREMARIN $15 Co-pay Card, call 1-866-410-3700, or write: PREMARIN $15 Co-pay Card, 2250 Perimeter Park Drive, Suite 300, Morrisville, NC 27560. Be sure to include your name and mailing address.